The prestigious Licence from Dauphine, entirely taught in English
The London curriculum is similar to the Paris Licence Sciences des Organisations's programme. Classes are taught in English, primarily by British University faculty (Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, LSE). In addition to their core disciplines (macroeconomics, microeconomics, management, private and public law, accounting, statistics and mathematics), all students are enrolled in language and social science courses.
High standards towards language proficiency
The focus on languages is important, as one of our goals is to ensure that students acquire tri-lingual professional proficiency by the end of the programme :
- The target for all our Bachelor students is to reach a minima an English C1 Level at the end of their second year. Our Lecturers in English offer classes in small groups (up to 15 students) by level (from B2 to C2) and follow student progress throughout the Academic year. They schedule additional workshops and “English Clinic” as and when needed.
- The study of a 2nd foreign language is compulsory. Thanks to our partnership with University College of London (UCL), our students may choose among 9 language courses: Arabic, Dutch, French (for non-native speakers exclusively), German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish. Student level is assessed at the start of the academic year (beginners accepted) by the UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE). Our goal is to enable each student to progress by at least 2 levels in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) scale.
- The study of a 3rd foreign language is possible in year 2.
We provide individual support and guidance to every student, enabled by the family-size of our campus. Classes are taught weekly in groups of 20 to 30 students. This helps our Lecturers establish links with each and every student and to identify their strengths and weaknesses. Regular student follow-up meetings are held to discuss student progress. Moreover, our students benefit from the support of a Coach specialised in education, who offers regular collective and individual sessions to help students in their reflection about their personal and professional projects.
Dynamic campus life, the best of both worlds
Furthermore, we aim at offering an enhanced campus life, thanks to :
- The organization of frequent events, either reserved to our students, or open to our Alumni Community
- Our dynamic and vibrant Student Societies
- The opportunity for all our students to join one of the numerous UCL Student Societies (see UCL Student Societies Website) and be part of the vibrant international London Student body
Hence, all over the academic year, our Dean of Student Life makes sure several extracurricular activities enrich the student experience and encourage students to take advantage of all that London has to offer.
Students involved in Dauphine London development
We encourage our students to play an active part in our development :
- 12 Student Ambassadors contribute to various communication activities: Welcome Days, Open Days, Le Samedi du Lyceen, Forums in Secondary Schools.
- Our Student societies are frequently involved in our official activities, giving them unique experience and helping them to develop early various soft skills.
⇒ See more details on our Curriculum.