The prestigious Licence from Dauphine, entirely taught in English
The London curriculum is similar to the Paris Licence Sciences des Organisations's programme. Classes are taught in English, primarily by British University faculty (Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, LSE). In addition to studying core disciplines (macroeconomics, microeconomics, management, private and public law, accounting, statistics and mathematics), all students are enrolled in language and social science courses.
High standards of language proficiency
The focus on languages is important, as one of our goals is to ensure that students acquire trilingual professional proficiency by the end of the programme :
- The target for all our Bachelor students is to reach a minimum English C1 Level at the end of their second year. Our Lecturers in English offer classes in small groups (up to 15 students) by level (from B2 to C2) and follow student progress throughout the Academic year. They schedule additional workshops and “English Clinic” as and when needed.
- The study of a 2nd foreign language is compulsory. Thanks to our partnership with University College of London (UCL), our students may choose from 9 language courses: Arabic, Dutch, French (for non-native speakers exclusively), German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish. Student level is assessed at the start of the academic year by the UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE), and complete beginners are accepted. Our goal is to enable each student to progress by at least 2 levels in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) scale.
- The study of a 3rd foreign language is possible in year 2.
The small size of our campus and our close-knit community allows us to provide individualised support and guidance to every student. Classes are taught weekly in groups of 20 to 30 students. This helps our lecturers to establish links with each and every student and to identify their individual strengths and weaknesses. Regular student follow-up meetings are held to discuss student progress. Our students also benefit from the support of a Coach specialised in education, who offers regular collective and individual sessions to help students reflect on their personal and professional progress.
Dynamic campus life, the best of both worlds
We aim to offer an enhanced campus life, characterised by:
- The organisation of frequent events, either reserved to our students, or open to our Alumni Community
- Our dynamic and vibrant Student Societies
- The opportunity for all our students to join one of the numerous UCL Student Societies (see UCL Student Societies Website) and be part of the vibrant, international London student body
Throughout the academic year, our Dean of Student Life organises a range of extracurricular activities and outings to enrich the student experience and encourage students to take advantage of all that London has to offer.
Student involvement in Dauphine London development
We encourage our students to play an active role in our development :
- 12 Student Ambassadors contribute to various communication activities: Welcome Days, Open Days, Le Samedi du Lyceen, Forums in Secondary Schools.
- Our Student societies are frequently involved in our official activities, giving them a uniquely hands-on experience and helping them to develop various soft skills early in their careers.
⇒ See more details on our Curriculum.