Year 1 and 2
Curriculum is similar to the Paris Dauphine Management Licence. The “essentials” of Paris programme are exclusively taught in English with some anglo-saxon methodology inputs :
- Economics (micro and macroéconomics)
- Quantitative courses (mathematics and statistics)
- Management (general management, financial and management accounting, computer sciences)
- Social Sciences (political sciences, sociology) and Law. London and Paris programme may significatively vary in these areas, to emphasises on international and specifically anglo-saxon approachs.
Language training (English + 2nd foreign language mandatory) is reinforced, through workshops adapted to the student levels. English classes and workshops take place at the Dauphine London campus, whereas 2nd foreign language classes are held at UCL Center of Languages & International Education. Courses are available for up to 7 different levels of proficiency and teaching includes on-campus classes, language labs and on-line self-evaluation exercises.
GBD London students spend from 17 to 22 hours per week in class. This is slightly less than their Paris campus counterparts to allow the students to spend extra-time on reading and preparing the Lectures, which is more consistent with the anglo-saxon methodology. The academic year is divided into two semesters, each comprising 12 weeks of classes, 1 study week and 1 exams week. Classes are typically 90 minutes-long; students are assessed via continuous assessments and final exams.
In keeping with Paris-Dauphine's vision, the GBD programme is career-oriented. Year 2 of the programme offers students an elective course entitled "Planning for the future: a personal and professional project", designed to help students express and structure their academic and professional goals.
GBD London's curriculum is designed to give students the basic knowledge, skills and techniques they need in Economics, Management and Social Sciences to successfully complete the third and final year of their Bachelor's degree :
- Be it at Dauphine Paris campus,
- At one of Dauphine's international partner universities (exchange programmes and double degrees),
- Or at Dauphine London campus (Management major only available).
Please note that the Dauphine CEJ (Law Certificate) is not available in London.
From September 2017, the Global Bachelor Dauphine (GBD) extends its programme to the third year. You can now choose to study the last year of Paris-Dauphine Licence de Gestion, in London.
The curriculum is similar to the year 3 of Management offered in Paris, exclusively taught in English and with an Anglo-Saxon focus:
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Management accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Human resources management
- Strategy and Marketing essentials
High standards towards languages proficiency:
- CEFR C1 level of English as the minimum target for all students
- Possibility to study a 2nd foreign language at the UCL Center of Languages and International education
- Opportunity to study a 3rd foreign language for our students already commanding a CEFR C1 Level in English
- Law (business and contract)
The Alumni community of Dauphine in London is very active and this programme is a chance to engage in activities with professionals and start building a network. These are the first steps for our students to find their end of year internship. Furthermore, various workshops and extra curricular projects (specifically thanks to UCL Student Societies and Dauphine London Student Societies) are offered throughout the year, helping our students to sharpen their soft skills.
Financial electives courses, Financial Math and Applied Statistics for Business are also available.